Despite millennials’ growing distaste towards cigarette consumption, The Chainsmokers duo has been rapidly gaining attention across the music market since they dropped their first “Selfie” back in 2014.
Since then, they’ve wanted to be like “Kanye”, said they would never let you go in “Roses”, and never did with “Don’t Let Me Down.” That hit single peaked #4 on the US Billboard Top 100 and is their most successful to date. But they’re not done smoking you out yet…
1. At #FEST, The Chainsmokers dropped “Closer,” a then-untitled slow builder that has since been revealed to be an upcoming single featuring the of-the-moment vocals of Halsey. The Chainsmokes revealed this in a super casual way…by bringing her on stage to perform it live at Bonnaroo Music Festival.
2. They are to headline Lollapalooza Colombia with Disclosure, Lana del Rey and Wiz Khalifa in September.
3. They were also featured in Las Vegas’s EDC Week Sunday at the kinetic field and are, grab your nearest paper bag and inhale, set to perform at Moonrise Music Festival in August. And you thought your summer was busy.4. For any Canucks, they will also be headlining Veld Music Festival next month in Ontario!
5. In an interview with Billboard, they revealed their feelings regarding the fact that progressive house EDM is, in fact, dead. But! That those who choose to “keep it fresh,” incorporating influences from a variety of genres and electric sounds, are the ones who will continue to prevail.
6. Despite their humble beginnings on Soundcloud, they will soon be leaving the site due to disagreements about terms and conditions.
7. The duo still stays humble and sees life outside of the industry, taking to Twitter recently to pay their condolences to Orlando victims and those affected.
The Chainsmokers are, ironically, a breath of fresh air in the EDM scene, often working with other major names such as Ellie Goulding, Daya, and even Snoop Dogg. Here’s to (hopefully) many more updates to come from them!